We often get asked, what is the difference between deep cleaning and regular cleaning?
Cleaning services are a must-have in every business but when hiring a cleaning service, one of the first things you should know is the difference between regular cleaning vs deep cleaning.
Regular cleaning is important when you run on office or commercial space that is used often, as germs and dirt can constantly accumulate. So, the main purpose of regular cleaning is to maintain a certain level of cleanliness as this ensures you create a great first impression to anybody walking into your business. This type of cleaning service is often required by businesses with high numbers of visitors and clients through the door and is organised over a weekly schedule.
What you should expect from a regular cleaning service is summarised in a useful list below.
- They empty all waste bins and replace all liners.
- Vacuum mats, carpets, and floors.
- Dust and wipe all surfaces of tables, desks, chairs, and other furniture available.
- They mop hard floors with disinfectant.
- Clean glass doors inside and out
- Clean stairs
- Polish mirrors
- Clean bathrooms
- Cleaning around sensitive electronic equipment
- Sanitising and disinfection services
While regular cleaning is for your cleanliness upkeep, deep cleaning involves a considerably more extensive cleaning procedure, because deep cleaning is designed to target all spaces in the office that don’t get attention during regular cleanings.
How Often Should I get a Deep Clean?
The frequency at which your office needs to be deep cleaned varies from office to office but is usually carried out every six months. However, the number of employees and visitors in your office is a big factor in deciding the frequency of deep cleans because the more employees and visitors usually warrants more deep cleanings.
What’s involved in a Deep Clean?
Deep cleaning covers areas that aren’t traditionally covered by regular cleaning and requires substantially more work and time to ensure every corner and surface is fully cleaned and sanitised. It is performed by a specialist team of cleaners who use equipment, cleaning solutions and advanced cleaning techniques that differ from regular cleaning to ensure they achieve the best result.
What you should expect from a deep cleaning service is summarised in a useful list below.
- Move the furniture and clean under furniture
- Clean door frames, window frames from dust
- High dust throughout
- Clean walls to remove obvious marks
- They deep clean skirting boards
- They clean and disinfect light switches and door handles
- They clean insides of windows
- They remove all dust from top to bottom
- They disinfect tables and wipe down all chairs, including legs and underneath.
So, as you can see the difference between deep cleaning and regular cleaning comes down to the level of cleaning that will be performed.
Maintaining a clean office environment
Cleaning has a full range of benefits. The most obvious benefit that deep office cleaning provides is that there is less illness in the office caused by dust and bacteria. A cleaner office also creates a more inviting and relaxing environment for employees making them feel more at ease and comfortable. So if you’re looking to invest in an office cleaning service our team will be happy to consult with you to determine all your needs in advance. Call us on: 01392 979360.